Has it ever happened to you that after you have groomed your dog, you realize that your footwear is now covered with dog hair and is difficult to clean? Well, if yes, then you need dog grooming shoes to avoid all the hassle ad clean your footwear easily after grooming sessions. A lot of people prefer to groom their pets at home and end up spending their day cleaning their clothes, shoes and whatnot.
Best Shoes for Dog Groomers
After brainstorming a little, I came through the pet grooming shoes that are available easily, both online and offline. These shoes are designed to withstand the harsh weather conditions and are also easy to clean. Although people prefer to wear this for protecting themselves against snowfall and rain, the construction of the shoes is ideal to be worn during grooming sessions. So say goodbye to long hours of cleaning your boots after grooming your dog, as I have curated a list of best shoes for dog groomers. Go through the list and find the one that you find suitable for yourself.
1. Sloggers Women’s Garden Shoe
Sloggers is one of the popular names when it comes to good quality, durable and comfortable shoes. These waterproof and garden shoes are suitable for people looking for dog grooming shoes. It is equipped with the signature deep-lug that gives excellent and heavy-duty traction to the boots. One can work with ease wearing these shoes in their lawns or gardens. The cleaning procedure is also easy, so being a dog owner, you can clean it after a grooming session. The shoes are made from 100% recyclable materials and are also vegan-friendly. The shoes look elegant and will also serve for multiple uses, including the routine wear for work.
- The shoes have a soft and Sloggers all-day comfort insole making it comfortable to wear for the entire day.
- There are more than 20 color options available for this shoe, so now you can get the color that suits most of your outfits.
- One can easily clean the shoe by wiping it with a wet cloth. You can also remove the insole, wash it and air dry before inserting it back in the shoe.
- There is an option of getting insole replacement from Sloggers itself if your insole is worn out.
- It comes in various sizes and all of them are true to size. You can check the size chart and get the one that perfectly fits you.
2. Crocs Women’s Jaunt Shorty Boot
Crocs is a brand known for its quirky designs and waterproof rain footwear. These boots are also water-resistant and can be worn in gardens or lawns while grooming your pets. It is specially designed for wearing in harsh weather conditions or rains. You can wear it comfortably with an easy pull-on style opening. The boots are sturdy and come with a croslite shaft. The buyers are pleased with the quality and the grip it gives on the wet surfaces. The shoes can be cleaned with ease. You can definitely spend some extra bucks for the quality you are getting in these boots, along with its usability in monsoon.
- The boots have a comfortable and croslite material construction to provide lightweight cushioning.
- The outer sole of the boots is made of rubber, so it becomes easy to clean them.
- It is available in all sizes and four different colors: Navy, Lemon, Black and Berry.
- There is a contrast stripe given at the midsole to make it look unique and quirky.
- There are contrast pull circles on the side and button on top shaft of the boots.
3. Norty Waterproof Rainboots
The pair of boots that grabbed my attention were these Norty Waterproof Rainboots. The unique design of the boots makes it perfect for wearing it during grooming sessions. It has a glossy outer finish, which is also easy to clean. The boots come with little heels and hence can be worn comfortably. The natural rubber used for construction of these boots ensures that your feet stay dry in spite of moisture outside. As the shoes are quite long, they protect your calves as well and you can work without worrying about spoiling your clothes. The company also offers a 30-day return guarantee if you are not satisfied with the quality of the boots.
- The boots are lined with cotton to wear it all day for work and other occasions.
- It has a comfortable rubber sole, which is suitable to wear in snowfall as well as the monsoon.
- These boots are available in 14 different prints and colors to choose from.
- There is a mid-shaft on the boots and it is also tall so that it gives protection against mud and splashes.
- The boots have rubber lug soles that are slip-resistant and also provide a stable platform for walking.
4. Bogs Men’s Waterproof Boots
This footwear is a popular choice among the men who want are looking for stylish yet suitable shoes to work outdoors. The built quality of the shoes is superior and it is completely waterproof as well. These shoes are easy slip-on ones and can be worn anywhere. Hand-lasted rubber is to make the footwear and the insulation of it helps in keeping the moisture out. One can wear this pair of shoes for gardening, grooming their pets, hiking and even at work. The boots are comfortable and are fit true to their size. Although this option is a little expensive, the look and comfort of these shoes are unmatchable.
- These boots are manmade and constructed from 100% rubber.
- It has a dual-density footbed that is made with Durafresh biotechnology that helps in fighting odors and keeps the foot smell at bay.
- The boots are lined with 2mm EverDry and Max-wick to keep the feet dry.
- It is also equipped with wide steel shank on the inner side to give underfoot shovel protection.
- The insole of the shoes is removable, which makes it easy to clean it.
- The shoes are available in two colors: Black and Olive. It also comes in all UK sizes.
5. Crocs Slip-on Shoe
If you are looking for unisex shoes that can be worn by you and your partner both, then this alternative will be ideal for you. Crocs is the best brand to rely on when it comes to premium built quality and quirk design in footwear. These shoes are designed to wear at work and outdoors for grooming your little ones in your backyard. The boots give a relaxed-fitting ensuring the maximum comfort to the ones wearing it. The footwear also comes with a tapered fit at the back of the heel for a secure fit. These shoes are slip-resistant and can be worn in any weather. It is available in two colors: Black and White. The shoes are available in various sizes for both men and women.
- The shoes are made from the synthetic sole to give the utmost comfort while wearing them.
- It is 100% manmade, sturdy and is made for wearing it all day long.
- The shoes are designed with an enhanced arch that helps in adding support while walking or working wearing these shoes.
- As the shoe has enclosed toe and heel, it is suitable to wear them at workplaces too.
- The shoes are equipped with contoured molded drops in footbeds that help in keeping the wetness at bay with the help of moisture-wicking liners.
Dog Grooming Shoes Buyer’s Guide
Hunting for a good pair of shoes can be confusing and overwhelming, given the wide range of options available today. So to help you in narrowing down your search and find the ones that are worth your money here is a buyer’s guide you can follow. I have mentioned five features that will help you in making a quick decision:
Material: Whenever you are buying any apparel or footwear, the first thing to check is the material used in its making. For groomers, it becomes essential to buy a pair of shoes with such material that doesn’t stick to the hair of dogs. Buying such shoes will save your time in cleaning them and also narrow down your search.
Sole: As being a dog groomer can be demanding and you could have long working hours, I would suggest investing in footwear that comes with good quality and comfortable sole. Depending upon your country’s climate, you can go either opt for the soles that are comfortable to walk in the snow or the ones that can be worn all day long, even in a humid climate.
Size: Always ensure to check the sizing of the shoe before placing the order. All companies have different size charts, so to make sure that you get the right one, go through it before ordering.
Built quality: Investing in durable and strong footwear will be beneficial to you in the long run. As you will not struggle with standing long hours and also it will save your time in cleaning it. Many companies mention their built quality and the materials used in the making of the shoes. Make sure to go through all the features and specifications of the footwear.
Reviews: Lastly, if you want to know genuine feedback and ratings, it is always a better idea to look at the reviews. This is one of the many perks of shopping for things online. You can refer to the reviews and look at the average rating too. Also, search for the reviews with pictures to get a better understanding.
Once a pair of shoes perfectly fits all the criteria mentioned above, you can make your choice. A buyer’s guide can come handy to you to quickly go through the specifications and see if it’s worth your money.
The list has all the options for the dog grooming shoes. Most of the alternatives are in an affordable range so that you don’t have to spend much. I have made sure to include only those brands that are trustworthy and are worth the price you pay. You can also wear these shoes for your workplace or running errands. So select the one for yourself or gift it to someone who owns a dog and does their grooming at home. Apart from grooming, all these footwear options are also ideal for monsoon and snowfall, so it serves multiple purposes and is definitely a good investment.